16. Carolina Panthers: Clelin Ferrell, EDGE, Clemson
Julius Peppers can’t play forever, right? The 39-year-old just resigned for one more season with Carolina, and this would be a tremendous time for Carolina to draft and groom and eventual replacement. Clelin Ferrell is a tremendous talent and would a great fit in Carolina’s scheme. Ferrell may be gone before the Panthers select here, but if he’s still there the Panthers should pounce on him.
*17. Arizona Cardinals: Marquise Brown, WR, Oklahoma
Mock Trade: NYG receives QB Josh Rosen and Pick 174
ARI receives Pick 17 and 143
I believe the writing is on the wall that Josh Rosen will soon be traded, and I think him going to the Giants is the highest possibility. According to reports, New York has currently offered Pick 37 for Rosen but the Cardinals are holding out in hopes of acquiring a First Round Pick. The Giants are loaded with Draft capital and giving up Pick #17 for their future Franchise QB would completely fine. Arizona gets another pick in Round 1 and here they use it on a big-time weapon for Kyler Murray: his Oklahoma teammate Marquise “Hollywood” Brown.
18. Minnesota Vikings: Cody Ford, OT, Oklahoma
The Vikings really need some new faces at Tackle. Current LT Riley Rieff may move inside to Guard and current RT Mike Remmers has not played well. It seems as if the Vikings will need two new tackles, which means drafting one early in the Draft would be a must. Cody Ford is a sound fit for the Vikings and could be a starter from Day 1.
19. Tennessee Titans: Noah Fant, TE, Iowa
The Titans need more pass catches, and they surely know it. The Titans were in the market for Antonio Brown and are likely looking to add a playmaker for Marcus Mariota. While a receiver would make sense here, Noah Fant could be even better. Fant is simply an athletic freak (6-4, 249, 4.5 40 time) and his pass-catching ability would be very valuable to Marcus Mariota. Mariota plays at his best when he has a go-to TE and Fant would be a great add (and eventual replacement for 34-year-old Delanie Walker).
INTERESTED IN JOINING FRF? Apply for free by CLICKING HERE!
20. Pittsburgh Steelers: Devin White, LB, LSU
The Steelers have needs throughout their defense, but the most pressing would be at Linebacker. Devin White had a tremendous combine performance and showcased a lot of athleticism that teams covet at LB. The LSU product could be a plug and play starter for the Steelers, and he would be a nice addition to a defense needing playmakers. For some reason, White dropped in this Mock Draft, but I think on Draft day he will find a home in the Top 10/15 Picks.
Related NFL Analysis
- 2019 NFL Mock Draft: Oakland Raiders 7-Round Projections
- 2019 NFL Mock Draft: NY Giants 7-Round Projections (post OBJ)
- 2019 NFL Mock Draft: Updated Projections with Trades
- 2019 NFL mock draft: Way-too-early 1st-round projections
- The Biggest STEAL from Every Round of the 2018 NFL Draft
- The Biggest RISK from Every Round of the 2018 NFL Draft
- 2018 NFL Draft class power rankings: Giants, Colts lead field
- Fantasy Football Winners & Losers following the NFL Draft
- Top 15 steals of the 2018 NFL Draft
Thanks for checking this list out! If you enjoyed this article, let us know by leaving a comment, or sending a tweet to @FrontRowNFL.
Founder and writer for Front Row Football (2018-present).
Writer for Armed Rodgery (2016-2017).