7. Jacksonville Jaguars: D.K. Metcalf, WR, Ole Miss
After sources reported that the Jacksonville Jaguars plan on signing QB Nick Foles once free agency begins, it is clear that this team is in a win now mode. Forget last year. This team is loaded with talent, and they are just a few pieces away from contending. Replacing Blake Bortles was first on the agenda, and the next has to be adding a playmaker on Offense. Whether you think he is the best WR in this class or not, DK Metcalf is likely going to be the first WR taken. Metcalf’s measurables (6-3, 228) and combine performance (4.33 40, 27 reps on bench, 40.5 vert) were freakish. If Metcalf can learn how to create separation at the next level he will be truly unguardable.
MORE NFL DRAFT: Another 2019 NFL Mock Draft with Trades
8. Detroit Lions: Montez Sweat, EDGE, Mississippi State
Ezekiel Ansah will be leaving Detroit. Without Ansah, the Lions desperately will need to add help to their defensive front. Matt Patricia is a defensive minded coach, and it is clear that he (and the Lions) value defensive lineman. The team just gave DE Trey Flowers a massive deal to come to Detroit, and this defense could be that much better if they added Sweat to play opposite of Flowers.
9. Buffalo Bills: Jonah Williams, OL, Alabama
Buffalo has a bunch of areas of need. Although, the priority should be their offensive line and protecting their future: Josh Allen. Allen has shown promise, but the Bills won’t be successful on offense without upgrading Allen’s surroundings. Jonah Williams is the best offensive lineman in this draft and he could be a plug and play starter at Tackle or Guard.
10. Denver Broncos: Drew Lock, QB, Missouri
This would be a solid pick for Denver. While there likely will be movement as teams jostle for Kyler Murray and Dwayne Haskins, it is less likely the same happens for Drew Lock. Lock would be a good fit in Denver as their QB of the future and he would get a few years to develop behind the aging Joe Flacco.
Related NFL Analysis
- 2019 NFL Mock Draft: Oakland Raiders 7-Round Projections
- 2019 NFL Mock Draft: NY Giants 7-Round Projections (post OBJ)
- 2019 NFL Mock Draft: Updated Projections with Trades
- 2019 NFL mock draft: Way-too-early 1st-round projections
- The Biggest STEAL from Every Round of the 2018 NFL Draft
- The Biggest RISK from Every Round of the 2018 NFL Draft
- 2018 NFL Draft class power rankings: Giants, Colts lead field
- Fantasy Football Winners & Losers following the NFL Draft
- Top 15 steals of the 2018 NFL Draft
Thanks for checking this list out! If you enjoyed this article, let us know by leaving a comment, or sending a tweet to @FrontRowNFL.
Founder and writer for Front Row Football (2018-present).
Writer for Armed Rodgery (2016-2017).