Round 5, Pick #143: Bobby Okereke, LB, Stanford
The Giants need players throughout their entire defense and Linebacker is no exception. While this could be a position that makes a lot of sense in the earlier rounds, the drop off in talent is noticeable after the top tier (Devin White, Devin Bush, Mack Wilson). Robert Okereke (6-1, 239) is an under the radar player from Stanford, but he could develop into a nice ILB with cover skills in the Giants 3-4 front. Okereke reminds me a bit of Deonne Buchannon and could provide a similar impact at the next level.
MORE NFL DRAFT: Updated 2019 NFL Mock Draft with Trades!
Round 5, Pick #171: Lukas Denis, S, Boston College
A former WR in High School, Lukas Denis has s0me great ball skills, which led to him having 7 interceptions during the 2017 season. Denis is a bit undersized for a Safety (5-11, 190) so he won’t likely be taken till Day 3, but he could become a nice piece for a Giants secondary needing contributors.
Related NFL Analysis
- 2019 NFL Mock Draft: Updated Projections with Trades
- 2019 NFL Mock Draft: Way-too-early 1st-round projections
- The Biggest STEAL from Every Round of the 2018 NFL Draft
- The Biggest RISK from Every Round of the 2018 NFL Draft
- 2018 NFL Draft class power rankings: Giants, Colts lead field
- Fantasy Football Winners & Losers following the NFL Draft
- Top 15 steals of the 2018 NFL Draft
Thanks for checking this list out! If you enjoyed this article, let us know by leaving a comment, or sending a tweet to @FrontRowNFL.