Round 1, Pick #17: D.K. Metcalf, WR, Ole Miss
Will D.K. Metcalf (6-3, 228) be on the board by the time the Giants pick at #17? There is a chance that he won’t, but honestly, I don’t think Metcalf will go as high as some people think. Metcalf blew up the combine (4.33 40 time, 27 reps on bench, 40.5 inch vert) but still has ways to go to be a become a big-time NFL receiver. Metcalf is already a tremendous vertical threat but teams will see that he needs to work on his short/intermediate route running. On top of that, Metcalf has an injury history in college that may scare some top teams away. Regardless of the concerns, this would be a solid selection for the Giants. Metcalf has sky potential and with a few years of development, he could truly be dominant. Plus the Giants are looking to win now, so it would not be a bad idea to draft a bit of a “developmental” prospect like Metcalf. Even after signing Golden Tate (almost 31 years old), the Giants are thin at WR and would be wise to add a couple through the Draft.
Related NFL Analysis
- 2019 NFL Mock Draft: Updated Projections with Trades
- 2019 NFL Mock Draft: Way-too-early 1st-round projections
- The Biggest STEAL from Every Round of the 2018 NFL Draft
- The Biggest RISK from Every Round of the 2018 NFL Draft
- 2018 NFL Draft class power rankings: Giants, Colts lead field
- Fantasy Football Winners & Losers following the NFL Draft
- Top 15 steals of the 2018 NFL Draft
Thanks for checking this list out! If you enjoyed this article, let us know by leaving a comment, or sending a tweet to @FrontRowNFL.