4. Oakland Raiders: Quinnen Williams, DL, Alabama
The Raiders could use an EDGE rusher, but they also could use help along the interior of the D-line as well. I expect the Raiders to target a big-time EDGE player in Free Agency (perhaps Ziggy Ansah or Trey Flowers), and they could drastically improve their D-line by selecting Quinnen Williams. Williams is basically unblockable and is a complete player. Williams would also help get after the QB and help improve the league’s worst pass rush from a season ago.
5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Josh Allen, EDGE, Kentucky
Tampa is another team that could use improvements to their defense. Tampa has some good pieces in place along their D-line (JPP, Vea), but Josh Allen here is too good to pass up. Allen may be the best true pass rusher in this class, and Tampa Bay would be getting great value here with Allen at the fifth overall selection.
6. *Miami Dolphins: Drew Lock, QB, Missouri
Every year, teams trade up for the Top QBs. Why would this year be any different? Quarterbacks are like their own currency in the NFL, and teams that need one are always under duress. The Dolphins decide to jump ahead of the Jaguars and secure a top passer from this class. In the pr0cess, they give the Giants a considerable haul, but they do finally get their QB of the future.
Related NFL Analysis
- 2019 NFL mock draft: Way-too-early 1st-round projections
- The Biggest STEAL from Every Round of the 2018 NFL Draft
- The Biggest RISK from Every Round of the 2018 NFL Draft
- 2018 NFL Draft class power rankings: Giants, Colts lead field
- Fantasy Football Winners & Losers following the NFL Draft
- Top 15 steals of the 2018 NFL Draft
Thanks for checking this list out! If you enjoyed this article, let us know by leaving a comment, or sending a tweet to @FrontRowNFL.