While the Giants have an extremely tough schedule, this may prove to be helpful for Barkley. Many of the teams they play have high powered offenses, leading to the need for the Giants to score more often. They will be getting the ball back a lot quicker than usual, and this can provide time for Barkley to produce. Last year, the Giants were 29th overall in time of possession. If the defense can step up this year with new additions, or the offense can get longer drives going, Barkley will be involved in all of it and will succeed greatly.
With all of this persuasive information, it is hard to believe that Barkley wouldn’t be a lock for RB5 or greater. He possesses the talent and situation to be a star, it is all a matter of if things go right for the young stud. It is very possible that Barkley has an amazing season, but others such as Bell, Johnson, and Gurley just perform unbeatably. But what is undoubted is that Barkley will be given a large workload, and will be the feature back on a potential high powered offense. If the cards play right, you should consider drafting Barkley top 6 in your fantasy draft, especially in PPR leagues.
<–— PREVIOUS NEXT—–>
Related NFL Analysis
- 8 NFL teams ready to break into the playoffs in 2018
- Fantasy Football: 8 players you have to avoid this upcoming season
- 2019 NFL mock draft: Way-too-early 1st-round projections
- The Biggest STEAL from Every Round of the 2018 NFL Draft
- The Biggest RISK from Every Round of the 2018 NFL Draft
- 2018 NFL Draft class power rankings: Giants, Colts lead field
- Fantasy Football Winners & Losers following the NFL Draft
- Top 15 steals of the 2018 NFL Draft
Thanks for checking this article out! If you enjoyed this article, let us know by leaving a comment, or sending a tweet to @FrontRowNFL.