Barkley and His Two Time Super Bowl MVP Quarterback
Two time Super Bowl MVP, 4 time Pro Bowler, but regressing. I am one of the most optimistic Eli fans you will meet, but it is true that he is not the same Eli he was 5 or 6 years ago. His big brother was able to get by a poor season with the help of his teammates, and Eli may want to do so also. I assume check down passes to Barkley will be extremely frequent. Since his peak of 8.4 YPA in 2011, Manning has slowly decreased in yards per attempt since then, now averaging 6.1 yards per attempt. Not only this, but the Giants haven’t been able to establish a run game for Eli for years, and will now have that possibility. He will still air the ball out often simply because of the talent of his receiving corps, but look for Eli to rely on the check down pass a lot this season, now that he has a star to throw it to. This means humongous production for Barkley this season, especially in PPR leagues.
<–— PREVIOUS NEXT—–>
Related NFL Analysis
- 8 NFL teams ready to break into the playoffs in 2018
- Fantasy Football: 8 players you have to avoid this upcoming season
- 2019 NFL mock draft: Way-too-early 1st-round projections
- The Biggest STEAL from Every Round of the 2018 NFL Draft
- The Biggest RISK from Every Round of the 2018 NFL Draft
- 2018 NFL Draft class power rankings: Giants, Colts lead field
- Fantasy Football Winners & Losers following the NFL Draft
- Top 15 steals of the 2018 NFL Draft
Thanks for checking this article out! If you enjoyed this article, let us know by leaving a comment, or sending a tweet to @FrontRowNFL.