*Note this article is written based on PPR format
We all know there’s the group of players who have a pretty good year on your team and you fall in love with. Your draft comes around the following year and your quick to pick them and they don’t end up panning out and you spend a second round pick on a player that puts up fifth round stats. Well here are a few players who you should avoid drafting this year, and why you shouldn’t follow your heart and stay away.
Dak Prescott, QB, Dallas Cowboys
With the departure of Dez Bryant and Jason Witten, who accounted for 219 targets last year, it leaves the Cowboys with a very weak receiving core needing to step up. Even though they added Allen Hurns (39 Rec, 484 Yds, and 2 TD in 10 games with Jacksonville) and took Micheal Gallup with the 81st pick from Colorado State. Them two along with Cole Beasley, Rico Gathers, and Terrence Williams have to step into much bigger roles in the Cowboys offense and the odds are looking slim for this reciver core to put up solid numbers. Also Dak only threw for over 300 yards once last year which is not a good stat for a fantasy QB. Dak is no where need QB1 standards and more in the low QB2 range.
QBs I prefer more: Eli Manning , Pat Mahomes, and Mitch Trubisky
<–— PREVIOUS NEXT—–>
Related NFL Analysis
- 8 NFL teams ready to break into the playoffs in 2018
- 2019 NFL mock draft: Way-too-early 1st-round projections
- The Biggest STEAL from Every Round of the 2018 NFL Draft
- The Biggest RISK from Every Round of the 2018 NFL Draft
- 2018 NFL Draft class power rankings: Giants, Colts lead field
- Fantasy Football Winners & Losers following the NFL Draft
- Top 15 steals of the 2018 NFL Draft
Thanks for checking this list out! If you enjoyed this article, let us know by leaving a comment, or sending a tweet to @FrontRowNFL.