Alex Smith, QB, Washington Redskins
Alex Smith had a terrific season last year with the Chiefs posting 4042 YDs, 26 TDs and just 5 INTs while also rushing for 355 YDs and 1 TD. He finished 5th in scoring among QBs and probably led many Fantasy teams to a championship considering you got him as a late round pick or waiver pick up. The Chiefs however handed over the keys to Pat Maholmes and traded Smith this off-season to the Redskins. Smith won’t be using the brilliant offensive scheme of Andy Reid as he will be working under Jay Gruden’s play book. With the Terrelle Pryor Jr taking his talents to the big apple it looks like Smith will be working with Crowder, Doctson, and Paul Richardson as his receivers and a very fragile tight end in Jordan Reed who I doubt will stay healthy. With this change there’s no way Smith puts up the career numbers he did last year and will not be the QB1 he was in fantasy last year. I view Smith as a mid level QB2 who isn’t a bad option but would not draft him at his current ADP as the 13 QB off the board .
QBs I’d prefer more: Jared Goff, Matt Ryan, Derek Carr
<–— PREVIOUS NEXT—–>
Related NFL Analysis
- 8 NFL teams ready to break into the playoffs in 2018
- 2019 NFL mock draft: Way-too-early 1st-round projections
- The Biggest STEAL from Every Round of the 2018 NFL Draft
- The Biggest RISK from Every Round of the 2018 NFL Draft
- 2018 NFL Draft class power rankings: Giants, Colts lead field
- Fantasy Football Winners & Losers following the NFL Draft
- Top 15 steals of the 2018 NFL Draft
Thanks for checking this list out! If you enjoyed this article, let us know by leaving a comment, or sending a tweet to @FrontRowNFL.