7. Detroit Lions (2017 Record: 9-7)
Key Additions: C Frank Ragnow, LB Devon Kennard, RB LeGarrette Blount, RB Kerryon Johnson, DT Sylvester Williams
Although the Lions just missed out on a postseason appearance in 2017, they have a lot of hope to get there in 2018. To start, hiring Matt Patricia was a tremendous move for Detroit. The former Pats DC will be an upgrade, and his schemes may be enough to get this team over the hump. The Lions have all the major pieces to compete at a high level. If Patricia can improve the Lions defense, and that could be the difference to make this team from good to great. The Lions have quality play-makers on offense, and enough talent on defense to make some noise in 2018. Watch out for the Lions as a deep sleeper to win the NFC North.
Related NFL Analysis
- 2019 NFL mock draft: Way-too-early 1st-round projections
- The Biggest STEAL from Every Round of the 2018 NFL Draft
- The Biggest RISK from Every Round of the 2018 NFL Draft
- 2018 NFL Draft class power rankings: Giants, Colts lead field
- Fantasy Football Winners & Losers following the NFL Draft
- Top 15 steals of the 2018 NFL Draft
Thanks for checking this list out! If you enjoyed this article, let us know by leaving a comment, or sending a tweet to @FrontRowNFL.
Founder and writer for Front Row Football (2018-present).
Writer for Armed Rodgery (2016-2017).