6. Houston Texans (2017 Record: 4-12)
Key Additions: S Tyrann Mathieu, S Justin Reid, LB Duke Ejiofor
The Texans were one of the most exciting teams to watch in the beginning of this season. With Deshaun Watson at the helm, this team was a serious surprise and played very well. When Watson went down, so did Houston’s playoff chances. Oh, and it didn’t help that Houston also lost some key pieces on Defense. The Texans playoff chances in 2018 are not based on their additions this offseason, but rather the players they are returning from IR. Watson, JJ Watt, Jadeveon Clowney, and Whitney Mercilus all missed significant time last year. They are all on track to return to full strength in 2018. Oh, and adding Tyrann Mathieu surely will pay dividends for one of 2017’s worst pass defenses. By returning the old, along with blending in the new, the Texans can seriously compete for a playoff spot.
Related NFL Analysis
- 2019 NFL mock draft: Way-too-early 1st-round projections
- The Biggest STEAL from Every Round of the 2018 NFL Draft
- The Biggest RISK from Every Round of the 2018 NFL Draft
- 2018 NFL Draft class power rankings: Giants, Colts lead field
- Fantasy Football Winners & Losers following the NFL Draft
- Top 15 steals of the 2018 NFL Draft
Thanks for checking this list out! If you enjoyed this article, let us know by leaving a comment, or sending a tweet to @FrontRowNFL.
Founder and writer for Front Row Football (2018-present).
Writer for Armed Rodgery (2016-2017).