Okay, being honest, at this point in the Draft there really aren’t many “risks”. These rounds really are just a lottery ticket. There are some great prospects that will come out of these rounds, but the majority won’t have major careers in the NFL. Although, to stay with our article, we will still list the biggest “risk”. Take these ones with a grain of salt. If you made it this far, truly appreciate the interest/dedication!
NOTE: To see the biggest risks of EVERY Round, click through the links above.
Round 7: None
Look, at this point, teams are trying to find a diamond in the rough. There’s no player in the seventh round that is a huge “risk”. Expectations are very low, and teams have little consequence for parting ways with their 7th round pick(s). To make up for this blank, here’s a shortlist of some of the notable Seventh Round picks in recent years:
- 2016: Jalen Mills, CB, Philadelphia Eagles
- 2015: Trent Brown, OT, San Francisco 49ers
- 2013: Jordan Poyer, S, Philadelphia Eagles
- 2012: Rishard Mathews, WR, Miami Dolphins
- 2011: Malcolm Smith, LB, Seattle Seahawks
- 2009: Julian Edelman, WR, New England Patriots
- 2007: Ahmad Bradshaw, RB, New York Giants
- 2006: Marques Colston, WR, New Orleans Saints
- 2006: Cortland Finnegan, CB, Tennessee Titans
- 2005: Ryan Fitzpatrick, QB, St. Louis Rams
- 2005: Jay Ratliff, DT, Dallas Cowboys
Just wanted to show that there could be a memorable name or two that will emerge from the Seventh Round. Pretty cool stuff. My money would be on Bengals WR Auden Tate, Cowboys RB Bo Scarborough, Chargers RB Justin Jackson, or Raiders WR Marcell Ateman.
Runner Up: N.A.
NOTE: To see the biggest risk of EVERY Round, click through the links below.
MORE NFL DRAFT: The Biggest STEAL from Every Round of the 2018 NFL Draft
Thanks for checking this list out! If you enjoyed this article, let us know by leaving a comment, or sending a tweet to @FrontRowNFL.